Hey you writers! It's almost time for NaNoWriMo.
What is this, you ask? Just the most inspirational month of your year.
It's National Novel Writing Month.
Here's how it works. Let's say you have a book in your head that
you want to write, but the motivation or focus isn't there.
NaNoWriMo takes care of these two things at once. Here are 6 reasons how and why
you need to sign up to do NaNoWriMo.
1. This is proof that thousands of people out there are just like you. You can write, you can do it. And you are not alone!
2. You have one month: 30 days, to get 50,000 words down. They don't have to be perfect. Just written.
3.Once you see how a little bit every day (or roughly 1666 words a day) equates to a whole book, well
that'll motivate anyone to write!
4. You can write about anything you want.
5. You can write an outline even, and go by that everyday.
6. You have a network of people you can talk to in your part of town or the world, who are doing this just like you!
At the end of the month, you a have a written book -- yes, a book written by YOU -- and all you had to do was find your way during the day or night to park yourself in your chair and type away. For me, that's one hour if very motivated, two hours if not so motivated and 3 or 4 if lagging in vision. Regardless, it's a goal. And I love goals.
What's also cool is that NaNoWriMo goes against the "quality vs. quantity." This time, it's all
about quantity... the quality comes later when the writing is done.
So get ready. In three weeks, November 1st, the writing begins. Go sign up! You'll be glad you did, especially 50, 000 words later.